Searching for interesting rabbit facts and information? Discover the top 20 facts about rabbits. These awesome bunny rabbit facts are guaranteed to amaze you!
Fact: Above “Robert” the 23 pound German gray giant is held by Szmolinsky, a long-time rabbit breeder who currently lives in Germany. “Robert” and his owner gained the attention of the media in 2006, the World is still recovering from the shock of the media coverage of this giant rabbit. Regardless of his enormous size and huge ears, he still dwarfs in comparison to the World’s Largest Rabbit.
Top 20 Facts about Rabbits
Here is a list of the top 20 interesting facts about rabbits…
1. The World’s Largest Rabbit named “Darius” weighs approximately 50 pounds and is currently 4 feet, 3 inches. Although this might sound unbelievable, “Darius” is indeed a real rabbit that currently lives with its owner Annette Edwards from the UK. It has been reported that Darius thinks he is a dog.
2. The “most valuable” rabbit on Earth, “Darius”, is currently insured for around $1.6/million and has his own personal caretaker aka body guard. (Not that anyone would be brave enough to mess with a 50 pound rabbit anyhow, lol)
3. In the wild some female rabbits can produce about eight litters of bunnies per year.
4. The largest litter of bunnies every reported consisted of 24 kits.
5. Rabbits are natural runners and can reach speeds of up to 30 to 40 mph.
6. Domesticated rabbits that people raise do not open their eyes until they reach about 2 weeks of age.
7. Baby domestic rabbits are actually born fur-less.
8. Rabbits have 28 teeth.
9. The World’s oldest rabbit on record lived to be 16 years old.
10. The average lifespan of a domesticated rabbit is around 5 to 8 years.
11. Pet rabbits generally live longer than rabbits used for production and those living in the wild.
12. With the right guidance rabbits can be trained to live indoors perfectly.
13. In the UK the rabbit is the third most popular pet option.
14. The average heart rate of a rabbit ranges between 130-325 beats per minute.
15. It is estimated that over 2 million U.S. households own a pet rabbit.
16. Thousands of rabbit shows take place annually in the Continental United States alone, each year.
17. Male rabbits are referred to as “bucks” and female rabbits are referred to as “does”.
18. Believe it or not, a rabbit’s teeth never stop growing throughout its life.
19. Rabbits can jump up to 36 inches or higher.
20. In general rabbits are very clean animals that will groom themselves and even each other.
21. Rabbits are amazingly awesome!! (Yes, I do consider that a FACT!)
So now you should know a few of the interesting facts about rabbits! Of course you won’t be able to learn them all until you actually begin raising rabbits, which is why I invite you to check out some of the other articles on the topic of raising rabbits which can be found on this site.
Have comments or questions regarding this article about rabbit facts? Feel free to ask us on our Rabbit Breeders Facebook Page. Also be sure to click the “like” button below if you found this article useful.
Reference this article: http://rabbitbreeders.us/rabbit-facts